One-Pan Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Recipe
This easy spinach and artichoke pasta recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal! Full of veggies and goodness, even the kids will love this spinach artichoke pasta dinner!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase via these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
There are very few things I hate more than doing dishes. When I was growing up, I was actually allergic to dish soap, which probably added to my hate of dishes.
Dish soap would literally make my arms break out in red itchy bumps, so I’d either wear gloves to pass off the dreaded chore to another sibling. Those were the days.
These days I’m not so lucky. My dish soap allergy seems to have gone away (replaced by a cat allergy that came from who knows where) but the dishes haven’t.
I swear I would eat on all paper goods if I didn’t feel so bad about throwing away so much trash every day. And unfortunately right now with all the cooking going on, dishes are just a thing.
My husband’s a gourmet cook. Like if he wanted to go to cooking school and become a professional chef someday, I really think he could. His meals consist of things like almond chicken with a creamy cauliflower puree and deconstructed chicken noodle soup .
My meals consist of the easiest possible recipes I can get my hands on. This one-pan spinach artichoke pasta is one of those easy, yet still delicious, meals. And reminds me a bit of these spinach artichoke cups !
And best of all, one-pan means that there is only one pan to wash. I’m really good at coming up with ways to avoid dishes.
Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Ingredients
This spinach artichoke pasta recipe takes elements from my favorite spinach artichoke dip and combines it with pasta for an easy meal. All you’ll need for the meal is listed below. Make sure to check out the actual recipe at the bottom of this post for details and measurements!
- Penne pasta – you could use something else as well, I’ve just always made this with penne
- Cold water
- Chicken broth – or chicken bone broth
- Unsalted butter – if you only have salted, I recommend using reduced sodium chicken broth
- Garlic clovers
- Fresh mushrooms – you can really use any kind like baby portobellos, but we typically just use the regular mushrooms
- Dried thyme
- Heavy cream
- Canned artichoke hearts – you can also use frozen if that’s all you have, just make sure to thaw them first
- Frozen chopped spinach – I’ve never tried this with fresh spinach, but I’m guessing that would work okay too as long as it’s chopped
- Ground nutmeg
- Grated parmesan
You can watch the video in this post to see how easy it is to make!
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Pasta
The thing I love most about this recipe is that it’s a one-pot recipe, which means it’s all made in one pot. And it’s pretty simple because you’re only having to pay attention to one thing at a time.
1 – Cook your pasta.
First things first, cook your pasta according to package directions. You can do this in the same pan you’ll cook the food in or you can do it in another pot while you’re working on the veggies and sauce.
And yes, that would mean this is a two-pot recipe but I don’t really count boiling pasta as using a pot, especially if it means you can do two things at once and save lots of time.
2 – Cook your mushrooms.
Heat the pan and add the butter and garlic to melt first.
Once the butter is melted, add in your mushrooms and the thyme to season the mushrooms.
3 – Add the cream and broth.
Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms (this will help thicken the sauce) then add in the broth and cream then simmer.
4 – Add your veggies.
Stir in the artichoke hearts and spinach then cook until the spinach is nice and wilted.
5 – Season the mixture.
Add the nutmeg and salt and pepper to season everything.
6 – Add the pasta and cheese.
Add your pasta and parmesan cheese then stir until the pasta is totally mixed in and the cheese is totally melted.
7 – Serve hot with parmesan.
Once everything is mixed together well, serve the pasta dish hot and topped with more fresh parmesan because everyone knows parmesan makes everything taste just that much better!
Want More Goodies?
Want more delicious recipes just like this one? Enter your first name and email address in the form below to join the Play Party Plan community! You'll receive weekly recipes and party ideas directly to your inbox!
Spinach and Artichoke PastaThis easy spinach and artichoke pasta recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal! Full of veggies and goodness, even the kids will love this spinach artichoke pasta dinner! Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Total: 20 minutes Serves6
- ▢ 1 pound penne pasta
- ▢ 1 cup chicken broth
- ▢ 2 T unsalted butter
- ▢ 4 garlic cloves , chopped
- ▢ 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms sliced
- ▢ 1 tsp dried thyme
- ▢ 3 T flour
- ▢ 1/2 cup cream
- ▢ 1 14- oz can artichoke hearts , chopped
- ▢ 1 10- oz box frozen chopped spinach , thawed
- ▢ 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- ▢ 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat pan on medium-high heat. Add butter and garlic and switch around for 30 seconds then add mushrooms.
- Sprinkle thyme over mushrooms and cook until lightly browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle flour over mushroom/garlic mixture then whisk in 1 cup chicken broth and cream. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts and spinach - stir to combine then cook for another 5-7 minutes until the spinach is wilted and artichokes are cooked.
- Add nutmeg and more salt/pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to pan and stir.
- Add parmesan cheese to pasta and stir to combine.
- Serve hot with additional fresh parmesan cheese.
Tips & Notes:Adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe.
Nutrition InfoCalories: 556kcal, Carbohydrates: 71g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 597mg, Potassium: 774mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 7283IU, Vitamin C: 23mg, Calcium: 215mg, Iron: 4mg Author: Britni Vigil Course:Dinner Cuisine:American Did You Make This?Tag @PlayPartyPlan on Facebook and Instagram and hashtag it #playpartyplan so I can see your creations!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Ham fried rice
- Ravioli with a creamy garlic butter sauce
- Sausage jambalaya recipe
- Sheet pan teriyaki chicken
- Pizza loaf
- Almond chicken
Don’t forget to pin this spinach and artichoke pasta for later!